Avada Live is a powerful front-end page builder integrated into the Avada theme, enabling users to design and customize websites with ease. However, some WordPress users may prefer to use other page builders or the default WordPress editor for various reasons. Thankfully, there’s a simple and effective way to disable the Avada Live feature using a WordPress filter. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of using the ‘fusion_load_live_editor’ filter to disable Avada Live in the Avada theme.
Step 1: Backup Your Website
Before proceeding with any changes to your website, it’s crucial to create a backup to ensure that you can revert to a previous state if needed.
Step 2: Access Your WordPress Dashboard
Log in to your WordPress website as an administrator and navigate to the WordPress dashboard.
Step 3: Locate the functions.php File
To add the filter that disables Avada Live, we’ll need to access the functions.php file of your active theme. This file contains essential functions and actions that govern how your website behaves.
1. From the WordPress Dashboard, go to “Appearance” and then click on “Theme Editor”
2. Look for the “functions.php” file on the right-hand side of the Theme Editor.
Step 4: Add the ‘fusion_load_live_editor‘ Filter
Inside the functions.php file, add the following code snippet at the end of the file:
This code uses the ‘fusion_load_live_editor’ filter and sets its return value to false, effectively disabling the Avada Live feature.
Step 5: Save Changes, once you have added the filter code to the functions.php file, click on the “Update File” button to save the changes.
Step 6: Verify Avada Live Is Disabled.
To ensure that Avada Live is disabled, access your website’s frontend and open a page for editing. You should notice that the Avada Live frontend page builder is no longer available, and you have reverted to the default WordPress editor or any other page builder you may have installed.
Benefits of Using the WordPress Filter:
1. Quick and Effortless: Utilizing a WordPress filter is a straightforward and efficient way to disable Avada Live without the need for complex coding or additional plugins.
2. Compatibility with Theme Updates: Unlike directly modifying theme files, using a filter ensures that your customization remains intact even after updating the Avada theme.
3. Easy Reversal: If you decide to re-enable Avada Live in the future, you can simply remove the filter code from the functions.php file.
The Avada theme offers an impressive frontend page builder known as Avada Live. However, if you prefer to use a different page builder or the default WordPress editor, disabling Avada Live is a breeze with the ‘fusion_load_live_editor’ filter. This WordPress filter allows you to customize your website management experience according to your preferences, while still enjoying the other features and benefits Avada offers. Always remember to create a backup of your website before making any significant changes and enjoy a seamless website customization journey with Avada theme and WordPress filters.